Forrester names Veritas a Leader in data resiliency solutions
Multi-cloud data management provider Veritas Technologies has been named a leader in the September 2017 report, The Forrester Wave: Data Resiliency Solutions, Q3 2017.
The report analysed data resiliency solutions that “go beyond data protection and recovery.”
Specifically, the report evaluated seven vendors based on 39 criteria, including strategy, market presence, and current offering.
Veritas received the highest scores of any vendor in the strategy category and the scalability criteria.
Additionally, Veritas received the highest scores possible in both the technology partners and resellers criteria.
Veritas also received among the highest scores in the manageability criteria as well as the setup and implementation criteria.
“When it comes to data management, backup and recovery is just the beginning,” says Mike Palmer, Veritas executive vice president, and chief product officer.
“Organisations require visibility into their data across complex multi-cloud environments, protection against catastrophic outages or ransomware attacks and the ability to meet stringent compliance regulations.
“Today, customers are solving these challenges through our 360 data management platform. We are delighted to be cited as a leader in this report.”
According to the report, Veritas has a well-rounded strategy for the 360 data management platform to serve enterprise data resiliency requirements.
The report also states that “Veritas Information Map helps firms create a single global view of important metrics like data centre locations, storage capacity, protected data types, existing capacity, utilisation levels, data ownership, data age, and cost to help customers that want to optimise their tech spending.”
Veritas has just introduced a wave of new innovations to the Veritas 360 data management portfolio that takes data protection, visibility, storage and choice to the next level.
Specific advancements announced at the Veritas Vision conference include:
- Efficient storage on-premises and in the cloud with Veritas NetBackup 8.1
- Taking data visibility mainstream with Veritas Information Map
- Making software-defined storage “smart” with Veritas Cloud Storage
- Delivering choice, integrated data protection and optimised storage through new appliances
- With the Veritas Access Appliance, enterprises can easily replace outdated or sub-optimal storage, including tape storage, with a simple, long-term, cost-effective integrated offering that combines the Veritas Access software with pre-tested and configured hardware in an easy to consume form factor. The device can also be used as an internal cloud to store other unstructured data at a low cost. This solution is available in the coming quarters.
- With the Veritas NetBackup 5340 appliance, available in the coming quarters, customers can enjoy all the benefits of NetBackup 8.1 in a reliable, high-performance integrated appliance, as well as the ability to scale and easily protect tens to hundreds of petabytes. Additionally, customers can dramatically reduce planned and unplanned downtime with high availability configurations that help ensure system availability and redundancy to meet the most demanding data centre service level agreements (SLAs).
By Lew Kai Pang (ChannelLife NZ)
5 October, 2017
This article was first published on channellife.co.nz | READ HERE
Join the Insentra Community with the Insentragram Newsletter
Hungry for more?
Identity and Authentication - The Boss of All Bosses
By [Hambik Matvosian]
Hi folks! Pure Awesomeness back again! Yes, I know it’s been a stupid amount of time since my last blog post but I’m back…back again to pump as much knowledge and wisdom into your cerebrums as one individual with the title of Pure Awesomeness can!
Torsion – Who has access to what and should they? – Get control & be ready for anything
By [Lee Foster]
It only takes one file containing sensitive information to get into the hands of the wrong person. A serious security breach, or regulatory non-compliance can be catastrophic.
Project Management and Change Management – How Insentra ensures projects run smoothly
By [Marni Noble]
I am going to say something that will really blow your mind… are you ready? It seems in business today that change is the only constant in this crazy fast-paced world of variables.