In the space of a few months, COVID-19 has brought about years of change in the way companies across all industries operate. According to a McKinsey study in 2020, organisations have accelerated the digitisation of their internal operations by three to four years.
Leading digital transformation is modern management and it’s no surprise Microsoft Intune is becoming the clear category leader. Intune is achieving widespread global adoption as part of Microsoft 365’s success, with 35% global market adoption expected in 2021 and over 50% in 2022. According to a briefing from Microsoft Ignite, 2020, 91% of companies lowered their device management costs by switching to Intune and 18% experienced a decrease in device management admin time. IT teams can now work on innovation instead of keeping the lights on.
What organisations, who haven’t made a plan to modernise don’t realise is the ongoing costs and investments associated with maintaining and operating legacy environments on-premises. Consider some of these figures:
- Mckinsey reports show organisations are saving, on average, USD$ 5.3million in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by modernising their desktops
- Organisations who don’t modernise miss out on 20-30% of user productivity gains
If you’re thinking “so what” or “I don’t have time to invest in modern management”, think about this:
- Enhanced end-user experience translates into over $550,000 in savings.
Modern desktops save end users hours of time each year waiting for their devices to be provisioned or brought into compliance, this applies to employees working both onsite and remotely. End users also benefit from devices which run more responsively and consistently.
- 89% of end users are more productive due to reduced downtime or a reduction in help desk interactions
- Modern desktop users save 2.3 hours per week thanks to more efficient collaboration and communication
Thinking about the modern management journey now? Watch my latest FastTrack update where I discuss the benefits of device and application management, combined with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, to help start your journey of becoming a truly modernised organisation.