The latest additions to SharePoint 2016: part 2.0
Your Home Away from Home
If you have more than one SharePoint site, don’t fret! The SharePoint home page gives you access to all of your sites in one place, both online and on premises. I like being able to switch seamlessly between my sites without worrying about clunky navigation structures.
Modern Team Sites
SharePoint is designed for collaboration so team sites always hits the mark for many businesses. By connecting your users to content, information and applications they use, your encouraging a sharing culture across your organisation. The modern and engaging layout (enhanced by Office Graph) refreshes SharePoint for an intuitive user experience with rich meta data, content management and functionality across all your businesses processes.
Microsoft have decided to go one step further and they are combining SharePoint team sites and O365 Groups. This not only gives every group team a site but then gives those sites easy membership across the rest of the O365 suite. You can create these within seconds from SharePoint home and a corresponding O365 group with integrated information classification and compliance.
The great thing about technology is the updated features that companies such as Microsoft are continuously working on. SharePoint’s no different. The following capabilities will be coming out in a few months:
- Access to SharePoint Online document libraries and Office 365 Group files from the OneDrive mobile app.
- Intelligent discovery of documents from both OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Copy from OneDrive to SharePoint in the OneDrive web experience.
- OneDrive Universal Windows Platform (UWP) application.
Before the end of 2016, Microsoft will also have released:
- Document analytics surfaced in OneDrive to provide insight into document usage, reach and impact.
- Synchronization of SharePoint Online document libraries with the new OneDrive sync client.
- Synchronization of shared folders with the new OneDrive sync client.
- Mobile access to SharePoint document libraries in on-premises farms.
- Move and copy files between OneDrive and SharePoint in web experiences.
Insentra has full capabilities across the Office 365 suite. If you have any questions or want to tell us what SharePoint features you’d like to hear about, leave a comment.
Get in touch with us today for more information on how SharePoint can help your business!